Newport News, Virginia

Purchased a Whirlpool top loading washer a few years ago.The top lid has cracked and forces us to hold open the lid with a bungee cord and to put a heavy weight on it so it will seal when we wash clothes.

Related: Whirlpool washer rips clothing. Wrong parts for machine will not be replaced .

Called Whirlpool and they could care less. The customer service rep told us its a common problem and they won't fix it or supply the parts at a discounted price. Whirlpool wanted almost $400 for a new lid - which is about half the price of the washer!!

Needless to say, we are done with Whirlpool, their cheap products, and their lack of concern for their customers.

Review about: Whirlpool Top Load Washing Machine.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Whirlpool Washing Machine
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $300
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

Whirlpool - Insiide Glass On Oven Door Shattered Whirlpool "While taking a hot pan of Okra and a little liquid out of a 400 degree oven, I accidentally drop a small amount of the hot liquid on the glass..." Read more Whirlpool - Spontaneously broken, cracked control panel Whirlpool "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...." Read more Whirlpool Cabrio washer cracked lid (Model WTW7800XW2) Whirlpool "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..." Read more Whirlpool refrigerator and dishwasher Whirlpool "My brand new fridge and dishwasher started having a line of rust spots running down the door. It's not random, but a line. I've always used a..." Read more Cooking Club Of America - Where did it go? Cooking Club Of America "I loved my monthly magazine and the products I purchased from them and when you pay for a lifetime membership, you expect to continue getting what you paid in advance...." Read more Plentyoffish - OK  I have  tired  to reset  my  password several  times no  response  there  are  at  least  Plentyoffish "I have tried to reset my password several times. Good luck no response. There are 2 or 3p people who would like to talk to me if you are in..." Read more Carls Tree Service - Stone Cold Carls Tree Service " I ordered 2B slag from Carl's tree service and received 2B limestone instead. Ultimately you do not know it's the wrong product until it is dumped all over your..." Read more Ashley Furniture Contradicted and Lied Ashley Furniture "My wife and I bought several pieces of new furniture for a house we were having built worth over $12k before discounts. The salesman and store manager (store on rt...." Read more