I had contacted Whirlpool a few months ago about my Cabrio washer lid plastic cracking. They told me there was nothing they could do since 1-it is out of warranty and 2- there have not been enough complaints.
Since that time the crack has gotten bigger, longer, and now it causes the lid to not lock, pretty much making my $700 3 year old washer unusable! I literally have to lay on top of it to get it to lock.
I looked into buying a new lid...that would cost me over $200 plus additional parts for the hinges. Unacceptable!
I have always bought Whirlpool appliances, not anymore. The attached pictures are how it currently looks closed. I can fit my hand in the gap.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Ease of Use|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Quiet noise level
What I disliked
- Poor design function
- Poor quality
- See other complaint
You May Also Like
- "Cabrio Washer model WTW7800XW0 S/N C02570663We purchased the washer 1/21/2011 and have replaced the cracked lid already 2 times. Now the internal spring assembly has corroded and..."
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "I have a black side by side whirlpool refrigerator. It was put in my home by Pulte home builders in April of 2014 and has a 2 year warranty. Since day..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."