Whirlpool - Black Oil/Grease Leaking from the Cabrio washer

We got our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer in 2011.(Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2).

Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was starting to creak every time I opened and closed it. A few months back the washer started making a noise, that most people in the reviews I've read, are referring to as the "Jet Engine" sound when it goes into the spin cycle. My 2 kids rooms are about 5 feet down the hall from the laundry room and we are unable to run the washer at night because the spin cycle wakes them both up. If a squeaky lid and jet engine sounding spin cycle isn't already bad enough today it started leaking some type of black oil/grease substance out of the bottom of the machine?!?!?

I started to search on-line and it is shocking how many people are having the same problems with this washer. The more disturbing part is the lack of accountability on Whirlpools end.

From all the many reviews I have read Whirlpool is not much help so the only thing I want to do before I am forced to buy a new washer is stop anyone from buying their products in the future!! This is when social media is my friend. I want everyone to know how bad these products are and that the company should be held responsible!!

I will do everything in my power to get Whirlpool to replace this machine and will update you on my success or failure.Thanks for reading and DONT BUY WHIRLPOOL!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Whirlpool Wtw7800Xw Top Load Washing Machine
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #478592 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Whirlpool? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 07 #1209207 Saint Louis, Missouri

Same problem bought it in 2011 and it leaked oil in 2016. They said i have to pay 300$ for some kind of warranty. This was one of the more expensive washers when we bought it.

Jun 10, 2015 #993397 Moody, Alabama

Mine is a POS. It spins a black oil from the bottom of the tub, all over the floor ( bearing grease) and there is a mysterious hole in the drain pump that I have to seal every month. Also it has a new mother board from a previous F1 error. We paid 999.99 for this 7 years ago.

May 24, 2015 #988123

Replaced lid for the second time
A lid slid that cost 250.00!
You got tobe kidding!
Whirlpool , with service like this you will go out of business!
Shame on you!

Nov 10, 2014 #898273 Madison, Alabama

Did you get any help from whirlpool?

Nov 10, 2014 #898275 Mission Viejo, California

They did not help. Bought a new LG machine to replace it

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Whirlpool. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Whirlpool.
Filing a new complaint about