4.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I own a whirlpool double door refrigerator for more than 13 years now. During this March'17, the cooling inside the refrigerator was very low and it was getting hotter.

I am not under Annual Maintenance Contract with Whirlpool, but pay for visits by the service personnel deputed by their Call center. On 03rd April 2017, I've registered with their call center. The service personnel from their agency, inspected my fridge, changed the cooling fan and raised a bill for INR 1900/= for fan (+) INR 400/= towards the visit charges. Bill enclosed.

Within a week afterwards, water started leaking out of the fridge. I didn't want to overreact, so waited for sometime and then complained with the service agency that did the job. There is a 3 months' warranty on the changed part too. Their person visited my house 2 days later but only after I reminded him twice.

He was very rude to my wife, informed her that the the repair work involved more than an hour's work and that he would come on the following day. He did not. This time, on 19th May'17, I called whirlpool's call center to register a complaint. I was advised by the operator to call the same agency that attended to the complaint, the first time.

I told her that I did, and that the agency was not responding. My call was kept on hold for sometime by the operator and now someone senior came on line and informed me that I should pay another INR 400/= for the service visit. I protested saying this visit was necessitated by the poor service done during the first visit and so the question of payment does not arise. But the officer was non-cooperative and told me that the first visit was only for reduced cooling and not for leaking fridge.

I then told him, that earlier to the service visit the fridge was not leaking and it started to leak only after his visit. But to no avail. Whirlpool being a world class company, and since I own many of their brand products at my home, I thought they would at least check with their service personnel what went wrong.

But this representative of them was keen on billing me and protecting the poor service by their contract agency. Very unbecoming of whirlpool and it now seems that might have to revise my patronage of their consumer durable.

Review about: Whirlpool Refrigerator Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

WP2008
Benton Harbor, Michigan, United States #1331362

Hello nandk98, we're sorry to learn of your concerns with your Refrigerator. Unfortunately, since you reside outside of the US, you'll have to contact your local rep to get assistance.

Please click on the link below for further assistance.