2.2
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator (WRF993FIFM) on May 18, 2017.On June 9th the refrigerator stopped working.

I called Whirlpool and on June 16th a service technician came and replaced the fresh food evaporator cover and the main control board. This worked until September 1st, when the refrigerator stopped working again. I called Whirlpool and they sent another technician out on September 6th. He ordered another evaporator cover.

Two weeks went by and no call from Whirlpool or the technician. I called whirlpool on September 15th and was informed that the part is on back order and they do not know when it will be available. I asked to talk to a manager and was informed that all managers were busy but that they could send me a $150 Visa gift card and expedite the part to my technician. Finally on October 6th the technician came with the part.

Only to find out that Whirlpool sent him the wrong part. He was able to install this part and get the refrigerator working, but the wrong part was for a refrigerator that has no water or ice dispenser. Well, at least I have a refrigerator, just no ice and water. I called Whirlpool to ask when I will receive the correct part and why I have not received the $150 Visa gift card.

They did not know when the part would be shipped and had no knowledge of a $150 Visa gift card. I asked to talk to a Manager and was put on hold for 23 minutes, then I finally gave up and decided to write this review and to never every buy another Whirlpool product again. Do you know how hard it is to feed a family with four kids without a refrigerator for a month?

My kitchen had four coolers stocked with food and I had to buy 30 to 40 pounds of ice a day.In my case at least it looks as if Whirlpool just does not care about their products or customers.

Review about: Repair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

WP2008

Thank you for contacting Whirlpool regarding your appliance. We are happy to look into your concerns but we will need your model and serial number, name, address, phone number and date of purchase emailed to Whirlpool_Reviews@whirlpool.com .