Whirlpool - Whirlpool Gold bottom freezer Refrigerator

400 of 666 Whirlpool Reviews
Jan 31, 2012
review #293314

I hate this refrigerator.I bought Whirlpool Gold because I was willing to pay for dependability.

It has leaked water into my floor since it was 6 months old. The repairmen keep "fixing" it. And a week later it leaks again. It is out of warranty now, so now I have to pay for the repairmen to come out.

I am sick of this issue. My old refrigerator never gave me a minutes problem.

All of the appliances in my kitchen are Whirlpool.This bottom freezer technology in my opinion has not gotten all the kinks worked out or I would not be thinking of replacing a refrigerator that is only 16 months old.

8a15cc3
3.7
Had an experience with Whirlpool?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
400 of 666 Whirlpool Reviews
B Mayans

1 day ago Atlanta, Georgia

I have been having the same issue 6 months after its purchased on 7/11/2011, Whirlpool should remedy by considering a recall to offer free service and replace their faulty design or I will never purchase this Brand again.

Tacoma.Tran

Aug 11 Worcester, Massachusetts

I'm having the same issue. Bought it from Lowes cuz it looks beautiful, but after a year out of warranty then started leaking water all over floor. Luckily my floor is tiles but still pain in the ...*s to clean it.
Don't know Whirlpool will recall this problem due to inexperience design product. Too bad for whirlpool branch name...

C. Tasker

Jul 08 Rochester, New York

I have same issue. I take the back of a butter knife and break the ice off the bottom of freezer when i see it leaking on to floor. I really can't believe it hasn't been recalled. Truly sad and I will never buy this brand again.

overbyte

Jun 30

Ours (2.5 years old) did that too. So did a friend's, who told us to call Whirlpool. My wife spent 1.25 hours on hold, and badgered them into fixing it for free.

Jun 24 Portland, Oregon

Whirlpool recall this lousy refriderator. I have a French door whirlpool gold. About the time the 1 year warranty ran out this fridge started leaking all over the floor!! I am trying to find out out how to resolve the problem but have been dealing with a piece of *** appliance. Clearly you have multitudes of problems with these appliances leaking. RECALL it and mike it right! This is a complete rip off. Judy Kane Portland Or.

Linney

May 23

Same here, spend a lot of money on that whirlpool fridge. it ruined my hardwood floor and the side of my new cupboard. it sucks big time. I am calling them tomorrow but i already know that they will say, warranty expired.

Rebecca

Dec 22, 2013 Atascadero, California

My whirlpool gold , beautiful stainless steel fridge has had to have the circuit board replaced , and ice builds up in freezer and leaks on the floor , I have to take everything out of freezer and fridge put in ice chests unplug the fridge every two weeks , to melt ice . I spent $ 1,800 on this fridge , I think you should recall it or repair it .

kay

Aug 12, 2013

Our Whirlpool Bottom Freezer is barely 7 months old, we wake every morning to water all over the floor, several times slipping on the floor, wet mess, washing bath towels daily to keep up with the constant leaking. We saved money, hard earned money to treat us to a new larger family fridge. Sales man said it was the best. Now its a constant fight to keep the water away from our Cherry custom made cupboards. I trusted this company and the strong history they had, So disappointed- purchased in Lowes- Webster NY Kimberly Ortiz 315-576-1245

Justin

Jul 23, 2013

SAME ISSUE HERE... mine started a month after the warranty expired.. Very upset i got rid of a perfectly fine 10 year old fridge to get a new and improved one, the best rated according to Consumer Reports, only to have my hardwood floors ruined by the leaking and no matter what we do to repair the ice keeps coming back.

no more whirlpools

Jul 20, 2013

We had the same problem with our Whirlpool Gold refrigerator in about the same time period. Will never buy Whirlpool again!!! Tired of this.

NEVER BUYING WHIRLPOOL AGAIN

Jul 18, 2013 Germantown, Maryland

HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AFTER I HAD THE FRIDGE 13 MONTHS. PAID A REPAIR MAN $160 ONLY FOR THE PROBLEM TO RESURFACE 4 MONTHS LATER! TERRIBLE BUY!

Jul 10, 2013 Carolina Beach, North Carolina

I have the same problem on a Whirlpool Gold that was delivered in December of 2011. I wrote to them and they said they were unaware of the issue (yeah, right!).

So many comments like this are on the web, how is it that no government agency has been brought in to help us?

May Chen

Jul 03, 2013 Rockford, Illinois

We bought Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator 7 months ago and had the same issue with ice build up in bottom freezer and water leaking on the floor. I will not buy Whirlpool product especially refrigerator. They should recall this product or warn the customer.

mom

Jun 05, 2013 Ontario, California

have a fridge 1 1/2 years old...had a repair man fix it. He changed the COMPUTER BOARD where you set the temp. He says he changes several a week and the new and improved chips are better and should fix the problem. the old chips don't send a message to stop the defrost cycle at regular intervals. he says WP has know this problem for several years! so far so good the ice and water leaking out is gone! Part cost $175 canadian and $90 service charge. took about 1/2 hour. hope this helps someone!

Ahfly

Mar 20, 2013 Little Rock, Arkansas

Just wrote an $800 check to a water removal company because my Whirlpool Gold refrigerator leaked water out the back, under the wall and cabinets and into the carpeted bedroom hallway on the other side of the wall. It's bad enough that this refrigerator is a piece of junk and that repeated repairs are needed to keep it functioning, but when it starts destroying my new home then that is another issue! If you buy this refrigerator be prepared for water leaks. I recommend you line the refrigerator cavity in your cabinets with heavy plastic to insure when it leaks (when, not if!) then you will know about it before it destroys your house. Repairman sees the same problem over and over. Shame on you, Whirlpool. Your products are a hazard.

Daniel Bourgeis

Apr 21, 2012

I have had the same issue with ice build up and water leaking on the floor with the Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator in a similar time period. I have defrosted and cleaned the drain multiple times and the problem keeps coming back. Whirlpool customer service is awful! Acting like they are trying to minimize the damage and exposure of an obvious design flaw.

WP2008

Mar 30, 2012

Hello Poedga. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whirlpool.Digital@whirlpool.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

Bmccaslin

Feb 18, 2013 Warrendale, Pennsylvania

I have had the same issue. There WP refrigerators have to be one of the most unreliable products. We are very frustrated and wish there was a recall or user advisory. Not only does it constantly leak, the freezer light will not function either, even with new bulb. I believe this to be a saftey hazard

Irate consumer

Sep 17, 2013 Heartwell, Nebraska

I feel your pain. The quality reps at Whirlpool should all take notice. There are numerous highly dis-satisfied consumers. The response you get is oh well its out of warranty, tough luck.
Their failure to acknowledge any quality issue is a slap in the face. Maybe it time to scratch any whirlpool product off the buying list.

1-20 of 24 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Whirlpool.
Filing a new complaint about
×